[without apology for the radio spectrum analogies]
social blogging noise is like listening to FM radio with all channels on the one frequency and you are tuned to that station all day and most of the night. you can hear everyone mention Miley Cyrus & you can hear ‘Blurred Lines’ by Robin Thicke is high A list rotation, you can hear 40 mentions of Syria at the same time at the top of the hour and every minute of the hour, its called ‘News140’.
But wasn’t social bloging supposed to be more akin to Shortwave Radio with 10kHz channel separation with frequency reuse based on night time propagation and frequency planning / sharing. With strong cultural relevance entering your brain from far off places you will generally only visit with your finger on a wall map of the globe.
twitter / instagram / tumblr / facebook et al are over subscribed, over hyped and leave me with that after glow of a top 40 waffle. When you know you need a good feast of international documentary content from a filtered source you may not even trust.
my social blogging consumption habits need a diet, “less is more” theme again. micro blogging is far from boring but it leaves you hungry for the next meal, or even a DX-pedition.
In the way that jamming, scourging, drifting and transmitter co-channel interference are bad for radio listening, so to is a cacophony of social blather bad for being social. Tuned, trusted and technically perfect is what I was to hear. One meme at a time.
FILTER SWITCH ON – I will still hear you if I want to hear you. Not because your distortion to noise ratio was equal & high.
QSX Internet but not all the Internet at the same time.
I have noticed people wearing clothing and bags etc. around these parts (Ireland) with Union Jack flags all across the design. Its not something that would have been a brand or fashion icon 5, 10 or 20 years ago, here, perhaps just Geri Halliwell’s wardrobe.
And it either means that it has indeed become a fashion icon globally (after London 2012) and in some ways this may be harmful to brand Great Britain , or Irish people (which I presume they where) are so confident about their own national identity that to wear apparel with the flag of ones’s closest neighbour (an action which once might have made you a target for physical attack in the past) is now cool on the street.
Does this mean we have grown up?
Are we more comfortable with our own identity that we have no hang ups about our old colonial occupiers flag any more?
I’m alright – Union Jack – Fly the flag. #SLF
the Union Jack explained – to Jedward. cue point #1
Blog / Domain has been getting a large amount of unwanted traffic. Measures are being taken to fix this. Some down time has happened and I expect a little more before it is fully fixed. Thanks for your patience. email me if any files you require are missing on the domain, you know how to reach me. regards BHG.
testing qued.tv wordpress plugin on a third party blog.
Cue your YouTube for deep links
Cue your football highlights
Cue your training videos
Cue your Daily News
Cue the news
Cue the local community radio station
Cue your images (coming soon: as podcast wallpaper)
Cue your advertising
Balcony TV on RTE
RTE show on Youtube (3 months now)
RTE on youtube no dogs & embeddable
- car repair €935 – time to scrap car and get a camper van – sell house pay back visa drive to southern Italy get Wimax – back in bizness #
- In 1999 =okia deal big deal with real networks nothing major came of it. Nokia became too common a phone. Yes as muck. #
- My uncle worked for Nokia in finglas in the 1970’s they made toilet rolls & jays fluid #
- the night before day1 of school year is big bath night. a summers worth of care free dirt is washed down da plug hole. next daddy long legs! #
- why cover school books? its a further insult to & from cheapo wallpaper #
- @damienmulley will IBA have a micro blogging award? #
- submitted an article for the next PUM. im shocked they never asked me before now! only joking #
- my old school reunion is sept 8th. PSN not greendale. class of ’87 spiorad #
- car repair they wanted 969 I held it to 884 yesterdays quote. got 870 in the end. #
- when the workers cant buy back the produce we get recession #
- @topgold didn’t we see all this before in 1999 with the moto acompli etc. what happended since; steve jobs caught the telcos sleeping #
- @topgold wifi ipod 05/09/07 ?2.5 & 3G will be wilderness useful only #
- will phones become PDAs will MP3PLAYERs ends up everything is software radio with touch screen. 3rd party OS as fashion accessories #
- @eam0 FF ubuntu faster than XP agreed! #
- told 4yr old david cameron was maggie thatcher’s son, shes the bad woman in billy elliot film, bbc2 newsnight now #
- echo twitter: Finding out who from my Gmail contacts is already on twitter! https://twitter.com/invitations/gmail #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
my podcasts hang out on radio.wxtc.net
The Net Visionary Awards (www.netvisionary.ie) are now open for nominations again this year. I won an award last year in the podcasting section. that is not a hint to nominate me! but I post this as a favour to the IIA to help promote the MOST HONEST AWARDS in the internet industry in ireland.